Friday 9 November 2012

My Christmas Preparation

Hello friends

Welcome to new follower Sassy Breese from Muddle Puddle.

I've been doing some Christmas preparations recently.
I've made two more book covers for L's two best friends. These were done in double knit and L picked the colours from my stash.


On my needles at the moment I have a scarf for my baby nephew (18 months old) and I will buy a pair of mittens with little grippy pads so that he can still have his bottle without it slipping out of his hands.
I'm planning to knit an infinity cowl for my teenage nephew who is a student at sixth form.
I've made a heat pad for my dad as he suffers with arthritis in his neck which not only gives him neck ache but also bad hedaches.


When out shopping on Monday I looked at the Christmas displays and gift packs etc. This has inspired me to make some felt tree decorations that can be used on presents for the females, the males in our family wouldn't appreciate them. I've also started a scrap/note book for future ideas using pictures from the stores Christmas catalogues and magazines and my own notes. This will help me to be more organised and I'll know what to look out for when I'm at car boot sales and charity shops, and any home makes can be done early.

I've also been looking at the party foods in the supermarkets. In the past I have bought some and put them in the freezer to bring out on Boxing Day. But this year I'm planning to make my own in advance and put them in the freezer. I just need to work out the menu. That will be a post for another day.

I have some bread rising and it's nearly ready for knocking back. I'm still looking for a recipe that all the family likes. Does anyone have a favorite bread recipe that they would like to share?
We've tried making bread in a bread maker but we don't like it. We were very lucky to find a bread maker in a charity shop for £20 with instructions but might sell it on. I'm currently making the bread in my Kenwood mixer and using the mixer to nead the dough as I've got arthritis in my hands and find it diffcult to nead it on a board.
The dough is ready now.

Hope you all have a good day.

Carolx

 
 

2 comments:

  1. I usually use this recipe for white bread - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-bread-machine-bread/detail.aspx. And this bread for wheat - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-bread-machine-bread/detail.aspx. I do follow some adjustments from the readers. The wheat recipe is my family's favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena
      I will give them both a try
      Carolx

      Delete

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...