Thursday 27 December 2012

Snowflake

Hello friends

I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas doing lots of fun thing with love ones. We did.

Earlier this month I joined in with a snowflake swap run by Kate at http://grannytaughtmetocrochet.bolgspot.co.uk.  Kate partnered us all up and my partner was Maggie from http://prettyflowersinthewindow.blogspot.co.uk. We had to introduce our selves to our partner and set a price of what we were to spend and how many gifts to send each other and it had to include a snowflake either knitted, crocheted or stitched. You can find out what I got busy with by Reading Maggie's post.

This is what I received. A beautifully wrapped gift in festive tissue paper.

Inside was some lovely items.


Some lovely festive jam pot covers with ribbons and rubber bands.
Just what I was after to create lovely tops for some marmalades or chutneys for next Christmas 
 
Next there was a selections of similar festive fabrics with a few buttons and ribbons and cords. I'm not quite how I'm going to use these yet. I've had a few thoughts but can't make up my mind
yet. Don't they look nice?


There was also a garland of stockings that took pride of place pinned to the table covering under the tree. Lovingly placed by L and a crochetwd snowflake garland which I draped on our sideboard. Will find a better place for it next year.
This photo of the garland was taken on a dark cushion to show how pretty it is and next is the snowflake I hung in our tree right at the front.

 Thank you Maggie for all the lovely gifts.



To crochet the snowflakes it's a bit fiddly but so worth the effort so I may make some more for next  Christmas.                                               I'm going to go away now and think about my new year resolutions and possibly some challenges.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays and have a good new year.            Carolx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...