Friday 6 December 2013

Christmas Decoration Swap

Hello friends

Hope everyone is ok after the terrible winds and high seas.  In my little corner of the Northwest coast we did suffer high winds with the sea coming over the wall but, compared to other places around the country, our coast appears to have got off quite lightly. There was damage to some buildings and trees felled and some flooding.

Now back to the title.  I joined Ladybird Diaries in her Christmas decoration swap and was linked with Chrissie from Chrissie Crafts. This is what I received last week

 
 
The little crocheted Christmas tree is just gorgeous. Chrissie felt that the tree wasn't enough (she is very generous) and added a small jar of homemade Quince and Pumpkin chutney to it. I can't wait until Christmas to try it. The Christmas card is lovely. The scene is a print of a painting done by one of her neighbours of their village green. I had fun making my make for the swap. I can't tell you much more because I don't know if it's arrived yet. If you pop over to Chrissie's blog in a few days she might let you have a peep. Chrissie has done a tutorial on how to make the tree if anyone is interested.
 
I've finished my baby niece's Christmas present. Do you want to see? ok, here it is.
 
 
 
I think that is my Christmas knitting finished, Still some shopping to do, lots of wrapping, cleaning and tidying in readiness for putting up the tree and other decorations.
 
 
Have a good week everyone
 
Carolx

12 comments:

  1. Your present for your niece is absolutely lovely.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mum. I'm looking for a little white dress to go with it.
      Carolx

      Delete
  2. Awww what a gorgeous little set x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, I got my parcel!!! Thank you so much, the decoration is so pretty! I'll be blogging about it in my next post...and I'm glad you like your gift, too! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it arrived safely and that you like it
      Carolx

      Delete
  4. wow it is looks very cute. i love this
    christmas decorations forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Levi. I love Christmas with all the different decorations and sparkles and lights and family gatherings. Such fun.
      Carolx

      Delete
  5. The wee set is gorgeous, I would love to be able to knit like that!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Alison, You are a good sewer and can alter old and make new which is a great talent,
      Carolx

      Delete
  6. So glad you enjoyed taking part in the Christmas decoration swap! The little knitted set you made for your niece is just lovely.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The swap was fun. Maybe again next year? and Thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing her in it.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...