Sunday 26 April 2015

Lytham Hall

Today we had a lovely day out. The sun was shining warmly and the gentle breeze was B!@@&y freezing. Luckily we were nicely wrapped up and we found a sheltered spot to enjoy our picnic.

But where did we go? I hear you asking.


Lytham Hall is where we went. I didn't know much about the hall before we went and I still don't as we didn't go inside. We just walked around the grounds.

From a distance the hall looks very grand but as you get closer you see it's in need of some TLC 


There is work going on inside and outside as part of the restoration programme and have been awarded £5.9 million  from the Heritage Lottery to go towards this. Unfortunately the grounds are nothing special at the moment but I'm sure in a few years that will be a different story.


This sunny little courtyard is used by the tea rooms and was well sheltered from the cold breeze. I think it's also used for other activities too from looking at the photos around.

This looks like a nice cupboard but surly it shouldn't be outside exposed to all the elements.  Lets take a sneaky peak inside.
Looks like it could be an early fridge
Tiled walls inside and wire shelving.
Ice box, do you suppose?.








I wouldn't be too happy using these.


Privy? I don't think so with large windows either side and three holes side by side. Not for me, I'll wait until we get home.



Interesting building all the same.


Some photos of the grounds.




Here are a couple of mischievous ones who didn't want their photos taken and decided to walk backwards. 


Time to get tea on the go now. A nice warm pork hotpot.

Carolx




7 comments:

  1. Looks lovely from a distance! Imagine living in a house like that!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just my kind of place but will need help with the cleaning
      Carolx

      Delete
  2. I went to Lytham Hall one year when the snowdrops were out but the walk was quite disappointing and as you say the hall could do with a makeover. Did you walk down the long drive? It was too much for my DH and he went to wait in the car while I hurtled round the grounds.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we didn't walk the long drive. Gosh it is a long one. Maybe in a few years after most of the renovations are done it might be better.
      Carolx

      Delete
  3. I've never been to Lytham Hall, mind you I hadn't visited the windmill until earlier this month. I know lots of work is going on at the hall, I saw photographs of the snowdrop walks last month, they looked lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've not been to Lytham Windmill either but we have Marsh Mill almost outside our frnt door and we visit it at lest once a year.
      Carolx

      Delete
    2. We've not been to Lytham Windmill either but we have Marsh Mill almost outside our frnt door and we visit it at lest once a year.
      Carolx

      Delete

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...