Sunday 8 November 2015

Another Bright Blanket

We went to the Cenotaph this morning for the remembrance service. L and the Gala Princess laid a wreath of poppies. We took our big umbrellas. Good job we did as the heaven opened several times during the service. I felt sorry for the Vicar, bald head and no hat.

What do you think of my new blanket? It's taken ages to do because for around two years I've been crocheting a small three round granny squares, using up oddments of yarn, with the intention of making a blanket. I made the squares when I was between projects and on car journeys. It was a pick up and put down sort of project. I had no image of the end result, I just made it up as I went along. After a bit of thought I did three rounds of white round each colourful square. Next I stitched four squares together to make one larger square. And after a bit more thought and deliberation  I crocheted another three rounds and now I felt the squares were the right size. I joined them together with a line of single crochet in a bright coloured yarn and each one was a different colour. This way of joining was new to me but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.
Next I needed a boarder. I thought a wide granny boarder would kind of frame the centre and in keeping to the theme. I didn't want just white so I picked out my biggest odd balls and using the smallest of them first I alternated white and colour finishing off with a shell edge. I'm loving the way it's turned out. I don't think I'll make any more big blankets for quite a while. We just don't need them.

What's on  my needles at the moment? some Christmas presents. I will show and tell when they are done.


Just to keep you up to date. L goes for her matching blood tests on Friday ready for the following Monday. The big op day. I feel sick and nervous for her. Goodness knows what she's feeling.

Best wishes

Carolx

2 comments:

  1. Another brilliant way of using up left over yarn.
    All the best to L.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mum. I'm hoping to do a Christmas fair soon so I've decided to use up some more oddments making flower broaches.
      I've passed on your best wishes. Thank you
      Carolx

      Delete

Farewell

I've taken some time to think this through and decided to stop blogging. I'm not getting out of it as much as I did when I first sta...